I've mentioned that I'll be doing a review on Smashbox's studio skin 15 hour foundation in the previous post.
Here's a snapshot of the packaging and product.
I got my shade in 2.1.
As always, I'm VERY skeptical of trying out new products because of my sensitive skin.
If I were to try a tanning lotion or a self tanner, I always have to go through the ingredients and then test it to see if I'm gonna get rashes or flakiness etc.
It's a freaking nightmare!
And I know that there are people having the same problems or maybe much more worse. :(
It took me about 3 days to test the newly bought foundation by Smashbox and before that
I've been reading reviews about it and many say it is amazing and does a good job for oily skin.
On the other hand, majority reviewed that it is not as long lasting as it claims to be.
Some even mentioned that it just slipped off their face after 2-3 hours of wearing it.
My mind just went all over the place after reading reviews after reviews but in conclusion, it all depends on HOW we apply and best to use a primer before applying any foundation(s).
Correct? :)
After many reads of Smashbox's foundation reviews I decided to test it for myself.
What I love about this foundation
-Goes on nicely, does not feel sticky.
-A little goes a long way.
-Dries ridiculously fast.
-Makes my face feel breathable,light, not caked up with foundation.
-Feels natural. Almost like a tinted moisturizer.
-Bottle has a pump + cap. (extra germ protection)
-Does not have any "chemical/poisonous" smell.
-Paraben free.
What I don't like about this foundation
-It lasted about 4 hours and the foundation was just all in my pores.
-A little hard to wash off.
-Made my face turn a little orange after applying, like I had a bad spray tan (maybe I should have gone a shade lighter than my skin tone.)
-The foundation looks good under certain lighting only.
-Did not cover up my scars but filled in my pores.
-Made my face a little itchy but no rashes or pimples, just itchy.
So far I haven't used it long enough to tell if it works for my skin or make me break out in rashes and/or pimples (touch wood, please don't).
But I personally don't like this foundation on my skin.
If you have a review on this, would love to read/see it!
Let me know if there's any other good foundation(s) that can cover up flaws (scars, pores, oily Tzone, eye bags etc) and long lasting! :D
Have an awesome day ahead, loves!
x
